Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My Rant About Constant Government Talk

     Recently, the government has apparently shut down. My opinion on that? It is inconvenient as all get out, however, I am not a politic nut who is going to live and breathe the shut down. When it does come to my opinions on it though, I feel like it makes us as a country look ignorant for the simple fact our government cannot solve its problems, but instead must shut down. Shutting down does not help our country, and it does not make us look very intelligent either. Along with that, I feel as though our government does things like this pretty frequently that makes us appear to be idiots...such as Obama care. I am not very informed on politics, because I usually do not care as much, but if someone could enlighten me on who, besides Obama, would think Obama care is a good idea, that would be awesome. Again, to reiterate the fact that I am not too knowledgeable about politics, because I honestly do not really care to be, I still think most of the actions our country takes are inconvenient, especially for the citizens. Other countries probably view us as ignorant, money hungry, and rash. I also think that I dislike politics so much because I am so used to hearing about our governmental issues, rather than hearing about the government coming up with beneficial and logical solutions to problems. Quite frankly, I am over the government. Our leaders, and country as a whole, need to get it figured out in a positive manner. Then maybe, just maybe, I will want to take the time to understand everything going on entirely. Until then, why must we all obsess about the consistent stupidity..

1 comment:

  1. There are definitely positive and negative aspects to the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), and while it will raise premiums and probably decrease benefits for many hardworking Americans it will also make insurance available to and affordable for a huge portion of our population too. For example, one of my very best friends is a PhD with a great job as an educational psychologist in a private practice in Chicago. She is also a competitive triathlete and very healthy. Unfortunately, two years ago she had a freak blood clot in her brain that lead to a stroke. She has fully recovered and has to take blood thinners, but is otherwise perfectly healthy. However, she has been denied insurance because of her history. She is currently paying nearly $900/month to have insurance. Is that not insane? While the Affordable Care Act may not help me, it will definitely help my best friend. Like I said, the good and the bad.

    ReplyDelete