Monday, September 2, 2013

Social Networking

     In the article, "Is Social Networking a Waste of Time", Bernhard Warner suggests that social networking has created a loss in productivity in school or work. Although he feels this way, he also does not look negatively upon it because he says it is a way of creativity and can require work depending how someone is networking.
     I do agree social networking is distracting because I know I can be distracted by it from time to time, and I also have seen others be distracted by it as well. Various distractions come from networking, such as conversations, music, or just looking at others profiles. I know when I am distracted by it, I probably do not get things done as quickly as I could, and I imagine it would be that way for other people as well. On the other hand, I do also agree it could require creativity and such, but I still believe there could be other less distracting ways to be creative and support whatever you believe in Along with being distracting, networking often contains bullying as well. Because of this, that also makes social networking less appealing.
     Yes social networking is distracting, and yes it can also be used for purposeful things, bus as a whole I feel it tends to be used more negatively. I know it can be positive, but how positive is it really? I fully encourage the creativity that can come out of social networking, but I feel that there are other ways to be productive that do not bring as many issues.  

No comments:

Post a Comment