Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Chapter Six: Dare Devil Family



     In chapter 6, Chris Nashawaty writes a story called “Danger Is Their Middle Name”. This story discusses a family of dare devils. They are the Epper’s. Matt Epper is encouraged to jump off of a roof at age ten. The Epper family have risked their lives in the film industry since the 1930’s and I have never heard of a whole family being composed of dare devils like this one. They were not the most famous stunt group in Hollywood, but their roots are the deepest. Their dare devilish ways go back to old westerns. Their past could be elaborated on for quite some time. If you asked them why they do it, they just laugh. The Eppers have been concluded to be the most fearless bunch in Hollywood. There has not been an Epper to die from a movie stunt yet. 
     Great-grandmother, Jeannie, did her first professional stunt at the young age of nine. She is now married to someone who is 21 years younger than she. Her knees are almost useless, but she is still paid to jump through windows. One of her children also states that they will be doing dangerous stunts like that until they can no longer walk anymore. I am in disbelief that there is a family made up entirely of dare devils. I would usually think there is always someone in the family who is not like everyone else. However, though, this whole family manages to keep the stunts alive. Through old age, they still continue. I find this family risky but also very interesting as well because I have not known of something like this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment