Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Gym Problems
I am sure everyone has heard of the typical gym rants on Facebook and
various other social networking sites, or even in person. This is not
meant to be a rant, but a simple request. I am not opposed to people
going out and getting some exercise. You go girl. I am also not opposed
to the folks that fill the gym for the first couple months of the year
with New Year's resolutions. However, if you are a work out junkie, or
an occasional gym visitor, or anything for that matter, do not be
irritating to everyone trying to get a work out going. Am I the only
individual that feels slightly irritated going to the gym? I know I
cannot be the only person that knows the common courtesy rules. There
are common courtesy rules everywhere, such as males not using urinals
right next to each other, or girls not awkwardly browsing at the same
rack in clothing stores, or opening a door for the old lady with a
walker. Just like in those examples, the common courtesy rules still
apply in the gym as well. Is it not common sense to put your weights
back where you found them? Or maybe not to hog the squat rack for forty
five minutes because you would like to go back and forth across the
weight room and keep your weights on the bar the whole time. Just
because I am a girl does not mean I don't require the squat rack now
and again as well. Along with those, please do not leave your ginormous
plates in places where less muscular people cannot pick them up and move
them. So to all of my fellow work out folk, can we all come to a common
ground and be courteous individuals? Or am I the only one feeling this
way?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment